Remedial massage frequently asked questions
What to expect from your first massage appointment?
- You will be asked to fill out an initial consultation form and will be asked questions about your condition. Providing that your complaint is safe to be treated by massage, you will receive a massage during this visit.
Will I need to undress?
- You will need to remove clothing but underwear is kept on. Towels will be draped over you to retain modesty.
What type of massage?
- Remedial massage. Remedial massage is the systematic assessment and treatment of the muscles, tendons, ligaments and connective tissues of the body to assist in rehabilitation, pain and injury management. It is designed to balance muscle/soft tissue length, tension, tone which will in turn promote the return to normal joint position; increase the flow of blood and lymph, particularly in the injured areas, thus removing blockages, damaged cells, scar tissue and adhesions resulting from injury.
How often should I receive a massage?
- For those who use massage for preventative care or to manage daily stress, a monthly massage is beneficial. Weekly sessions may be necessary if you are receiving massage for injury relief or to relieve chronic tightness that is interfering with your daily life.
Can I make an on-the-spot claim from my private health fund?
- Yes, we have HICAPs available. You simply swipe your card and pay the remaining gap.
Is my massage therapist qualified?
- Yes, Bob has a Diploma of remedial massage. This allows the practitioner to provide treatment to clients with specific needs such as injury management, rehabilitation, palliative care, aged care, women and children.
I'm pregnant, can I still get a massage?
- Yes and many pregnant women find it helps to make them much more comfortable. Small areas on the body will be avoided at certain times throughout your pregnancy for safety reasons.